Who is really handicapped?
It is very interesting to see a swimmer who has no arms swim faster than others who have all their members. He should feel handicapped, but he has decided to use to the best what capacities he has. The real handicap is to believe you don’t have what it takes and never really put your ‘weight into the balance’.
Focusing on your strong points
Entrepreneur’s mentality is using what capacity you have and outsourcing the rest to others who may be more gifted than you in certain fields. The main thing is to focus on your strong points. Usually they are things like-
- having a vision of what can be,
- knowing the whole process to follow from conception to production to putting the product out to the market
- and the capacity to get back on your feet after failure.
These are decisive between succeeding or not.
The entrepreneur’s mentality
He doesn’t spend his time blaming the system, or past mishaps or the lack of commitment from the workers. Some employees spend more time defending so-called ‘guaranteed’ advantages (at least in France) than working on the ‘income producing tool’ that provides these perks which are pleasant but absolutely not guaranteed.
- If the entrepreneur finds the system taking too much of his operating and investing capital away from him, he will find another place (country) to work where he can keep more of the fruits of his labors.
- If he doesn’t make enough with one business, he will start up another one and leave the first one to a manager. He has learned more since the last time and now he has obtained his freedom to make more money with the same time investment.
This is the future
In the digital world, I’m learning from many top level marketers. Some, like Ryan Deiss and his team have built hundreds of businesses. They have invested thousands of dollars in mentors and hundreds of thousands of dollars in split-testing what they are doing so that the time and energy spent is optimized.
Basically, they are passionate about building income producing machines (sales funnels).
It is not essentially a question of making more money. That is what poor people think because they always think having more will solve their problems.
It is not a matter of creating more jobs. That’s what the government thinks because that’s what they think the country needs. As entrepreneurs know, people are not looking for a job but for revenues. If they have a choice most people will choose on-going revenues of some kind, even if very limited, over a stressful job situation. Actually governments don’t create jobs unless they spend taxpayer’s money to finance the public services the people are asking for. Of course real services are provided except that all citizens have to be serviced including those who do not contribute to the system. So optimization is difficult.
If the economics of the country improves, the politicians will want to take the credit. If they have created a favorable environment for entrepreneurs to function in, it is well deserved. Entrepreneurs don’t care if the politicians take the credit for their doing since that is not the motor for their action. Everyone fights for what he doesn’t have.
No, what motivates entrepreneurs is the possibility of exercising their creativity to set up income producing systems. And when you are selling information products like your know-how or expertise as a professional trainer you are basically creating a product out of thin air!
And the reward is the freedom to get your time back and watch the system run on auto-pilot. These are the royalties of doing the job right. That is why even top-level marketers spend 50K or more a year for being part of Masterminds where they keep on learning the cutting edge techniques of internet marketing.
So this is what I’m suggesting:
- Create an automatic ‘income producing’ system that runs all by itself.
- Add different streams of income as you learn more.
- At the beginning you can do it all yourself to learn but afterward start outsourcing to get back your time.
- Keep investing in yourself by having several mentors to teach you and hold you accountable to applying the latest technology.
When you know WHY you are doing this: Exercising your creativity, your reward will be –
“The freedom to do what you want to do,
when you want to do it,
if others are ready or not”!